Here is the 11th annual Christmas Quiz. 20 questions, and the closing date for entries is midday on Friday 22nd December. Please email your answers to us at email@example.com The winner will get glory, and in lieu of a golden trophy, M&G has donated £500 to Cancer Research UK, through CASCAID. CASCAID is the UK asset management industry’s effort to raise £2 million for this brilliant charity over the course of 2017.
Breaking news: we did it! But please help us raise a few final pounds by the end of the year. If you’d like to donate a fiver as you enter, please do so at my charity page here https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-display/showROFundraiserPage?userUrl=JimLeaviss&pageUrl=2 but it is totally optional, and I know a) many of you have been incredibly generous already, and b) I have bored on about cycling up hills enough for one year.
Good luck! Conditions of entry of down below somewhere.
- What did Alexander give to Maria for Easter for the first time in 1885?
- Why did Dallas and Washington end up in Switzerland earlier this year?
- Which music video is this? All of the band members are inside a cupboard, which is on the edge of a cliff and falls into the sea. The band play on, on improvised instruments, as the wardrobe fills with water.
- JELLO PERM WOE (anag.)
- What’s this?
- Why did the FA change the referee for a Blackpool FC game following a High Court decree against the club’s owners?
- The higher the price of this kind of good, the more people demand of it (because they want it).
- The higher the price of this kind of good, the more people demand of it (because they need it).
- What links Justin Bieber, The Weeknd, Neil Young and Avril Lavigne?
- What asset was sold this year with an annualised return of around 1.35% over 500 years?
- Whose logo is this?
- How much did artist Rachel Whiteread win on the night she was awarded the Turner Prize for best British contemporary artist?
- Who baked it?
- Please label the pink and blue areas on this chart.
- Sparrows and horses used to be used to explain which theory, now known under a more modern name?
- I’m not sure if I mentioned it but I climbed up a load of hills this year on my bike. Which was my 40th climb of the year?
- According to the Institute of Fiscal Studies, what is the most tax-efficient way of drinking alcohol?
- How is the developmental model neighbourhood of the next day better known?
- What’s the Incredible Hulk’s favourite tube station?
- What are they queuing for?